Dr. Ezra D. Alexander
July 18, 1891 - September 29, 1971
Founder Ezra Dee Alexander, outgoing and a dedicated worker, fondly known as “Dee”, was born in Monroe County, Bloomington, Indiana on July 18, 1891 and was one of seven children.
Alexander graduated from Bloomington High School in 1910. He matriculated to Indiana University in the fall of 1910 and graduated from Indiana University in 1917 with an A.B. degree. Prior to graduation, he held positions as a teacher and principal at Indiana public schools. He received his M.D. degree from the Medical School of Indiana University in 1919. Alexander served an internship at Provident Hospital in Chicago in 1920. He practiced medicine in Indianapolis for nearly 50 years.
In 1920, he was married to Mary Hunter, a teacher in the Indianapolis Public School system. He later married Leota Snorden in 1961.
Founder Alexander served 22 years as a non-voting member of the Grand Board of Directors to fulfill a requirement of the Constitution and Statutes that at least one of the directors was an Indiana resident. Alexander presented and dedicated the new KAΨ flag at the 47th Grand Chapter Meeting (1957). He was also one of two Founders who helped establish the Chicago Alumni Chapter and one of three Founders who helped establish the Indianapolis Alumni Chapter.
His affiliation with the Indianapolis Alumni Chapter lasted until his death, September 29, 1971.